CODA, 15th Floor
756 West Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA, USA, 30332
Currently, I am a 1st year PhD student at Georgia Institute of Technology, Machine Learning PhD program under the supervision of Professor James Rehg.
From a high-level perspective, my research focuses on various downstream problems in 3D and 2D computer vision. My long-term research goal seeks to develop generalizable computer vision models by formalizing the inductive biases and then integrating them into a unified system with the use of the concepts of Causality and Geometric Deep Learning and inspirations from cognitive science.
In particular, my long-term goal is to address the challenges of learning invariances and discrete abstractions from data, from a theoretical perspective. Geometric deep learning is crucial in this regard, as it enables us to leverage data with inherent relationships, connections, and shared properties, such as graph-structured data (e.g. point clouds in 3D). This approach can improve the generalization of computer vision systems, as well as provide insights into the underlying mechanisms of perception and cognition and it has the potential to unlock new insights and enable more sophisticated and accurate models.
Download my resumé.
- PhD: Machine Learning - Georgia Institute of Technology - 2022-Present
- BSc: Electrical-Electronics Engineering - Bogazici University - 2018-2022
- High School: Math and Science - Kadikoy Anadolu High School - 2013-2018
- Graduate Research Assistant: Rehg Lab - Georgia Institute of Technology - 2022-Present
- Undergraduate Researcher: Visual Intelligence & Learning Lab - EPFL - 2022 Summer
- Undergraduate Researcher: Perceptual Intelligence Laboratory - Bogazici University - 2021-2022
- Undergraduate Researcher: Computer Vision Lab - ETH Zurich - 2021-2022
- Undergraduate Researcher: Nanonetworking Research Group - Bogazici University - 2020-2022
- Undergraduate Researcher: Explainable Machine Learning Group - University of Tübingen - 2021 Spring
- Undergraduate Researcher: Affective Intelligence & Robotics Lab - University of Cambridge - 2020 - 2021
- Mentor: Google Summer of Code 2023 - Emory University - 2023 Summer
- AI Engineer: AiTerna Technologies - 2022-2023
- Mentor: Google Summer of Code 2022 - Emory University - 2022 Summer
- Contributor: Google Summer of Code 2021 - Emory University - 2021 Summer
- Summer Intern: Sestek - 2021 Summer
- Data Analyst Intern: ICRON - 2019 Summer
|Apr 22, 2023||I will be serving as a mentor in Google Summer of Code 2023 program this summer. You can find the details of our projects at the following link: GitHub|
|Apr 29, 2022||I have been accepted at the Machine Learning PhD program at Georgia Tech, starting Fall’22.|
|Apr 22, 2022||I will be interning at VILAB-EPFL under Dr. Amir Zamir for 2022 Summer.|
|Mar 2, 2022||First ‘First Author’ paper on computer vision was accepted to CVPR 2022.|
ISNAS-DIP: Image-Specific Neural Architecture Search for Deep Image PriorIn Proceedings of the IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Jun 2022
Domain-Incremental Continual Learning for Mitigating Bias in Facial Expression and Action Unit RecognitionIEEE Transactions on Affective Computing, Jun 2022
Molecular index modulation using convolutional neural networksNano Communication Networks, Dec 2022
Towards Fair Affective Robotics: Continual Learning for Mitigating Bias in Facial Expression and Action Unit RecognitionIn Workshop on Lifelong Learning and Personalization in Long-Term Human-Robot Interaction (LEAP-HRI), 16th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Human-Robot Interaction (HRI), Dec 2021
Neuroweaver: a platform for designing intelligent closed-loop neuromodulation systemsBrain Stimulation: Basic, Translational, and Clinical Research in Neuromodulation, Dec 2021